Monday, June 30, 2014

Be careful out there!

Great weather this past weekend. Also busy times for the Coast Guard, Sea Tow and TowBoatUS. Here's a sampling:

19 footer sunk (yikes) near Castle Island. The Coast Guard didn't say but I suspect the rock ledge there had something to do with it.

Sailboat went hard aground on Great Brewster Spit. Sea Tow got them off after sunset and towed them home.

There was a report of a kayak adrift outside of Hull Gut. The Coast Guard presumed a possible person in the water. More likely the person was on Peddocks Island wondering where their kayak went.

At least one call from a boat that was out of gas. (I always wonder how much gas they had when they started out.)

The call the Coast Guard didn't get was from a boat that I saw leaving with a dozen on board. Don't ask me what the capacity might be but I suspect they exceeded the number of life jackets on board by a factor of three.

Be careful out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment