Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Allerton Harbor Canvas

I don't know that I've done an endorsement here before, but this one is deserving.

Four or five years ago, Jay Hanks replaced LIQUIDITY's dodger. With the boat covered, he used the old one as a pattern, but changed the design and delivered a much improved product. Installed, it fit perfectly and it's aging well.

Tomorrow morning, I'm heading to Hull, taking my old main sail cover in for replacement. It's likely the original, as it was on the boat 20 years ago, when LIQUIDITY still had its original main. The cover is worn through in spots and my feeble attempt at patching worked for a few years. Now though, it's surely time, as the cover is becoming more and more patch, with less and less fabric on which to sew patches.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jay, talking sail covers and talking boats. It's what winter's for.

Allerton Harbor Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment