Saturday, December 19, 2015

Let the winter projects begin!

Yes, the basement is still a mess. No, not everything I've taken off LIQUIDITY has been stowed. No, not everything I've taken off LIQUIDITY has been taken out of the car!

There's been some progress: I've done some pre-storage triage, setting aside items that need attention and/or minor repair. In that regard, I've spliced a new dock line eye, and repaired/replaced two whippings.

Minor as it is, I managed one fun little crafts project: crafting a sheath from a well-worn sheepskin slipper that had seen better days. Folded in half, the vamp is just the right size for my knife, I used the original rawhide lacing, and the original holes in the vamp made it super easy to stitch. Matching eyelets on the back provided attachment points for the belt look. Picture shows the companion slipper and the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment